We had a great opportunity last week at the Tour de Pier media day at Manhattan Beach, where we spent the day meeting and socializing with amazing athletes who will be riding in the Tour de Pier event:
- Kerri Walsh, 3-time Olympic Gold Medal Beach Volleyball
- Tony Cruz, Olympic Cyclist
- Eric Ronoimoana, Olympic Gold Medal Beach Volleyball
- Craig Hummer, 7-time US Ocean Ironman Competition
- Alex Gray, Professional Surfer
Why were we there? If you check out the photos below, you’ll notice that there a few bikes set up – only a few among the 255 Spinner® bikes that Mad Dogg Athletics® donated for this event. The athletes had the opportunity to learn about the bikes and take them on a “test ride” in preparation for the event. The actual process to roll in and set up the 255 bikes for the Tour de Pier 2014 Fundraiser will occur on Saturday May 17th, the day before the event begins.
To have Olympic athletes riding on our Spinner bikes and right in front of us was a moment that we’ll always remember.